Carrot Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
|1 1/2||cups unbleached all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2||teaspoons baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/2||cup canola oil|
|1/2||cup Monk Fruit In The Raw® Bakers Bag|
|1/2||cup low-fat buttermilk|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1||teaspoon grated orange zest|
|2||tablespoons orange juice|
|1 1/2||cups shredded carrots (about 2 large)|
|1/3||cup canned crushed pineapple, well-drained|
|1/2||cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts|
|Cream Cheese Icing (See Recipe), optional|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat the cups in a 12-cavity muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt into large mixing bowl. In a measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, vanilla, orange zest, and juice.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, and Monk Fruit In The Raw® Bakers Bag until they are well combined. Mix in the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring with a flexible spatula just to combine; do not over mix. Fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling the cavities three-quarters full.
4. Bake for 22 minutes, or until the cupcakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack. If not frosting the cupcakes or serving them immediately, wrap them in foil and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
5. If desired, top the cooled cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set the frosting. Let the frosted cupcakes sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Per cupcake without frosting: 234 calories, 15.5 g fat 4 g saturated fat, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium