Homemade Blueberry Pie
|1||package pie crusts (two 9-inch crusts)|
|1/2||cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag|
|2||tablespoons Sugar In The Raw®|
|1||tablespoon lemon zest|
|1||tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|2||pints fresh blueberries|
|1||tablespoon milk & 1 tablespoon Sugar In The Raw®|
1. Set oven rack at lowest position. Place dark colored baking sheet on rack. Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. Fit one pie crust into 9-inch pie plate, glass recommended
3. In large bowl, combine Stevia In The Raw, cornstarch, Sugar In The Raw, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water. Add fruit and mix well. (OR Add berries and mix until coated.) Scoop filling into the crust.
4. Unroll second crust and cut it into 1-inch strips. Arrange strips in basket-weave pattern over filling. Press together ends of strips and bottom crust. Crimp crust edge to look nice. Brush crust with milk, then sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Cover crust edges with foil strips to prevent excess browning. Bake 20-30 minutes more, until crust is rich brown and fruit juices are bubbling. Cool pie on wire rack for 3 hours.
Per Serving (1 Slice): 288 calories, 3g protein, 46g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 12g fat, 9mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium