- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and saute until just
starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Add agave and cook until starting to caramelize,
about 2 minutes. Add vinegar and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vinegar has
almost completely evaporated. Take off heat and set aside.
- Remove tops from carrots, leaving ½” of stem. If any carrots are larger than ½”
diameter, cut them lengthwise in half.
- On a large sheet pan toss carrots and parsnips with butter, agave, garlic, and salt to coat.
- Roast until vegetables are fork-tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve garnished with onion relish and parsley.