- Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly oil a mini cheesecake tin or standard muffin tin with cooking spray (if using a muffin tin, line with paper liners).
- In a medium bowl stir to combine graham cracker crumbs, almond flour, sugar, and butter. Press 3 tablespoons mixture firmly into each cheesecake mold (the bottom of a drinking glass may be used for this purpose). Bake until browned, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer beat cream cheese and mascarpone together until smooth. Add sugar and beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time and mix just until incorporated. Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Divide cheesecake batter among the crusts. Bake until just set, about 20 minutes. Crack oven door, turn off oven, and let cheesecakes cool for 30 minutes in oven before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Once cool, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make candied apple slices, preheat oven to 350℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and then set a rack inside the pan. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Add sliced apples and cook at a gentle simmer until translucent, about 30 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer apple slices from saucepan to rack, leaving space between them. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Apples will continue to crisp as they cool.
- To serve, run a thin knife around the inside of each cheesecake mold and remove cheesecakes. Place on serving plates and top each cheesecake with a candied apple slice.