- In a small skillet or microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine coconut oil, almond flour, almond butter, stevia, and almond extract. Form mixture into heart shapes using a heart-shaped silicone mold.
- To shape by hand, freeze almond butter mixture until malleable, about 20 minutes. Use rounded tablespoons of the mixture, roll it into balls, then flatten slightly on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Use the narrow end of a chopstick to make an indentation on one side, and pinch the opposite side to make a heart shape. Whether shaped in a mold or by hand, freeze until firm, 30 minutes.
- Heat 2” water in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Place a heatproof bowl over the pan (the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water) and add chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Stir constantly until chocolate has completely melted. Remove from heat and wipe bottom of bowl with a towel.
- Dip almond hearts, one at a time, into the melted chocolate by placing each heart on a fork and spooning melted chocolate over the heart, allowing excess to drip off. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan and sprinkle with salt. Freeze until chocolate has set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.