SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Lightly oil a large sheet pan.
- Brush cut sides of eggplants liberally with oil and place cut side down on sheet pan. Bake until softened, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together miso, mirin, sweetener, and sake.
- When eggplants are tender, turn cut side up and brush with miso mixture. Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes and place a rack in top third of oven.
- Broil eggplant until caramelized, 3-5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onion.