- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter an 8” square baking dish, preferably glass, and set aside.
- Place peaches in a large bowl and toss with monk fruit, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Transfer fruit to prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, monk fruit, baking powder, and salt. Scatter butter over dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingertips to work butter into flour mixture until it resembles barely moist sand. Or, pulse the dry ingredients in a food processor to combine them, add the butter, pulse until butter is in very small pieces, 8-10 times, and transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk and use a fork to mix just until the ingredients form a soft, sticky dough. Do not overmix. Drop dough by the scant quarter-cup into 9 dollops over the fruit. With your fingers, pat it to mostly cover the peaches, leaving some fruit exposed. Sprinkle sugar over the topping.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes, or until the topping is deep golden brown. Let sit for 30 minutes, or cool to room temperature before serving.