- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine yolks and sugar.
- In a medium saucepan bring cream to a simmer. Whisk into yolk mixture. Whisk in pumpkin, vanilla, and spices.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring cup.
- Divide mixture between six 6oz ramekins set in a roasting pan or other deep baking dish. Place pan in oven and pour in scalding hot water so it comes halfway up sides of dishes.
- Bake until custards are set but jiggle slightly in the center, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle custards with a layer of sugar and use a propane torch or broiler to caramelize sugar.