- In a small bowl combine gelatin with 3 tablespoons cool water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine cream, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring just to a simmer, take off heat, and whisk in vanilla and gelatin.
- Divide panna cotta mixture between 6 small cups or glasses using ½ cup mixture per serving. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- For the caramel, in a large saucepan combine sugar and ⅓ cup water and stir constantly over medium-low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Increase heat to medium and cook until syrup is a very dark amber color.
- Take pan off heat and stir in butter, cream, and salt until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Serve panna cotta topped with caramel and sprinkled with pecans. Cover and refrigerate any leftover caramel.