- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Spread out chickpeas on a clean kitchen towel, and place another towel on top. Press gently to remove as much moisture as possible. Transfer chickpeas to a medium bowl and toss with oil, baking soda, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spread out chickpeas on a large sheet pan and bake, stirring every 15 minutes, for 30 minutes.
- While the chickpeas bake, in a large bowl combine nuts and pita chips.
- In a small skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook very gently until garlic is golden brown and very fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer garlic to a cutting board and mince, then stir back into butter.
- When chickpeas are done, add to bowl with nuts and pita chips. Drizzle garlic butter over the mixture, then sprinkle with za’atar, stevia, sugar, optional cayenne, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Toss well to coat.
- Spread party mix out in an even layer on a large sheet pan and bake, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 35 minutes or until well-browned.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.